Table of Contents
- The Information that We Collect
- Description of the Information that We Collect from Other Sources
- We Collect Personal Information for the Following Purposes
- Our Information Retention Guidelines
- We Only Share Personal Information in Limited Circumstances
- Your Rights and Choices Include the Following
- California Privacy Additional Disclosure
- Links to Third-Party Websites
- Where We Store Information
- Canadian Resident Additional Disclosure
- Children's Privacy
- Changes to Our Policy
- How to Contact Us
- Use our websites;
- Attend events;
- Register for a contest or promotion;
- Shop in our online store;
- Contact us (via phone, email or online);
- Access social media sites;
- Interact with online advertisements or emails; and
- Visit our store locations.
- The types of personal information we collect;
- Why we use personal information;
- When, why and with whom we share personal information; and
- The rights and choices you have in your personal information.
The Information that We Collect
- Identifiers (including name, username, email address, social media identifier, phone number, IP address, device ID, mobile advertising identifier, and cookies);
- Demographics (including age or gender);
- Transactional (purchase) history, web searches, content downloads from web sites, user generated content and reviews;
- Location data (whether due to the activation of location-based services on your device or as inferred by us based on your IP address or network connection);
- Information from store visits, feedback, concerns, survey responses, and comments;
- Information regarding your hobbies, interests and other non-identifiable information; and
- Audio information when we speak via phone.
Description of the Information that We Collect from Other Sources
We collect information from other sources, such as hosting providers, data and analytics vendors, social media platforms, marketing consultants, retailers, partners, and advertisers. The personal information we collect from other sources is the same as the types and categories of information that we collect directly from you, as described above. We may combine any of the information we collect from other sources with the information that we collect directly from you.
We Collect Personal Information for the Following Purposes
- Create and maintain your account;
- Communicate with you (email, newsletters, SMS text messages, or push notifications);
- Process your opt-out. You can opt-out of receiving communications at any time. For emails, please click on the unsubscribe link contained within the email. You can opt out of receiving push notifications or SMS messages on your mobile device by managing the application permissions. You may continue to receive transactional or other non-marketing communications as long as we maintain a business relationship;
- Respond to you and the public on social media and other platforms;
- Contact you regarding your transactions, shipping status, or to invite you to participate in an event, survey, or other program;
- Advertise to your interests on our web site or others;
- Process your orders. We engage third-party payment processors. We do not collect payment information directly;
- Post your content (including ratings, reviews, photos or videos);
- Manage and improve our business;
- Conduct market research;
- Personalize your experience;
- Administer contests and competition; and
- Comply with the law and protect consumers.
Our Information Retention Guidelines
We retain your information while we have a relationship with you, as necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it is processed, and for a period after our relationship has ended. When deciding how long to keep your personal information after our relationship has ended, we exercise data minimization principles, as balanced against fraud prevention, collections, legal compliance and other considerations.
We Only Share Personal Information in Limited Circumstances
- With affiliates, subsidiaries, and vendors who have agreed to use the information solely in furtherance of our operations, including managing orders, processing payments, conducting analyses, delivering communications, storing information, shipping orders, operating our services, or managing events or contests;
- To create communications, promotions, or advertisements including via agencies or ad networks;
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- With third parties to pursue a merger, acquisition, or asset sale.
Your Rights and Choices Include the Following
- The right to access information we have collected;
- The right to request the deletion of information we have collected; and
- The right to correct or update your information.
We use reasonable efforts to process your requests or to notify you when your request is denied based on applicable laws, regulations, and other limitations. If you want to exercise these rights or learn more about your rights, please contact us via the How to Contact Us section below.
California Privacy Additional Disclosure
As described above, we share personal information with affiliates, subsidiaries and vendors who help us manage orders, process payments, conduct analyses, deliver communications, store information, ship orders, manage events or contests, maintain and operate the services, and conduct business operations. We may disclose the following to such parties:
- Location Information;
- Information Included in Your Interactions with Us;
- Transactional Information;
- Information About Web and Application Activities; and
- Inferences Regarding Preferences or Other Characteristics.
- Location Information
- Information Included in Your Interactions with Us
- Transactional Information
- Information About Web and Application Activities
- Inferences Regarding Preferences or Other Characteristics
California law provides certain rights to California residents, including the:
- Right to Know about the personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell;
- Right to Delete the personal information we collect, though we may be permitted to retain personal information for certain purposes;
- Right to Opt-Out of Sales of your personal information to third parties (via our opt out page: Do Not Sell My Personal Information); and
- Right to Not Be Discriminated Against should you choose to exercise any of your rights, though we may provide a different level of service or charge a different rate if the difference is reasonably related to the value of your information.
Links to Third-Party Websites
We are not responsible for any third-party web sites and services that we do not operate and are outside of our control, even if we provide links to these third-party web sites and services.
Where We Store Information
Our servers are currently located in the United States of America, but that could change. The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred and stored outside of your home country.
We have implemented commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect personal information. We periodically review and update our security procedures. No security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Canadian Resident Additional Disclosure
We are compliant with PIPEDA, the Canadian privacy law. You can reach our privacy officer via the How to Contact Us link provided below. We train our staff on privacy matters, take responsibility for any employee acts or omissions, and Social Insurance Numbers are not required. If we need a drivers license to validate your identity, we will look but not record the information. We do have video surveillance in our stores.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent, except as permitted by law. If we determine that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information without parental consent, we will delete that information per applicable law.
Changes to Our Policy
How to Contact Us
Online Privacy Submission: Click here
Contact Us: Click Here
Copyright © 2022 Pepper Palace, Inc.